There is humor all over that bloggers/authors do still need to take care of SEO content strategies to stand in the game of SEO content strategy. The influence of social network platforms has overshadowed organic and natural search in driving traffic, but as we all know that the initial move by people where they can find a great content is non-other than a regular search over the web search engines. So, in this detailed article, we will point out step by step guide to improve your SEO content strategy.
“SEO” is short for search engine optimization or we can describe it as a method of optimizing a particular website so that the users can simply grab the exactly or similar knowledge via search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo.
What Is SEO Content strategy?
Content(text) refers to any data that is real & live on the web and can be consumed on the internet. So, If we combine SEO and content together that will refer to SEO content is any content created with the purpose of gaining and attracting search engine traffic.
Types of SEO Content Strategy
- Content strategy: Internal guidelines and governance
- Content marketing: Editorial calendar, advertising, creation
- Content marketing strategy: Concept, aims, audience research, personality, ideal thought, management
SEO content can include any of the followings
- Product Pages
- Blog Posts
SEO with Google algorithm updates
It’s approx more than 15 years, major search engines like Google did not stop pinching(changing) their algorithms. The main Purpose? Want to serve its users with the best possible quality and related content.
Some publishers and marketers haven’t stopped trying to fool Google regarding content. The strategy used by these publishers crossed the limit when a content house like eHow and combined Content drowned the search engine results pages with massive amounts of highly optimized content and low-quality links. This problem is like a black hole in the moon for Google, and finally, in the year 2011, Google perform as well as implement the Panda update, which decreased the volume of websites involving in bad quality link schemes as well as filtered the content by real and high-quality content.
As soon as the Google implemented the Panda update, the other main search engines like Bing and Yahoo also followed Google’s direction, and since from then, search engines results become advanced and much better at fulfilling high-quality content and similar relevant search results. Today all the people’s, have become wise regarding what they want from search engines.
There are two most important aspects of OC/DC(Optimizing Content for Discovery and Conversion):
- On-site optimization refers to the unique and valuable content will be there in the first place.
- External optimization includes optimizing your content not only for search engines results but for lots of other sources. Republish/Distribute your content all comes under external optimization.
How to Improve SEO Content Strategy?
- Start with your Goals
- Define your audience
- Keyword Research
- Create an editorial calendar
- Organize and tag your content
First of all, we will discuss some of the basic SEO strategies as we all are familiar, with the fact that SEO strategy should work hand-in-hand if the basic content strategy is high enough to gain some points in the game of success.
Some of the basic strategies that guided our success
- Always keep the focus on providing, high-quality content that is unique and valuable as well as different than anything. It implies that your content is long-form content.
- Try to do the keyword research that your audience is usually searching for. Search engines understand the similar keywords, so using related keywords in various parts of content helps the crawler to identify what topics your website relates.
- Offsite articles, social network links, and reviews play a vital role in the performance of your content on search engines results. Inbound links are very crucial for your website.
- By Keeping your content updated, you will give a positive sign to search engines to let them understand that your website(blogs) is updated today.
If you are creating content in a random manner, believing that somehow it ultimately ranks in the results, but sorry this is the 21st century, and you have to do to some smart work with 100% efforts and need to put some more methodical SEO content strategy for the web search results.
Let’s combine everything you just learned above to improve SEO content strategy into the five steps you’ll use to plan and execute your strategy:
STEP1. Start With Your Goals
Grow traffic: Empower your audience to manually find you organically by searching over the web, or by posting guest posts, as well by republishing content.
Increase subscribers: You can also provide free downloadable content you write in return for an email address. By this, your content will get optimized not only to be noticed but also to switch visitors into contributors by giving some unique and relevant reward content.
You have to keep the focus on the product as well as niche keywords.How to do?
- Filter out each, and every table of keywords that depends on the agenda of your business.
- Analyze the statistics of your average monthly searches, problem and, opposition, and by doing smart work just select the keyword by keeping in mind of present scenario and results.
- Choose the best 10 keywords from every list and gather a total of 30 keywords.
STEP2. Define your audience
The First crucial step is to develop a content strategy and to find out who is your niche audience with whom you are engaging and talking to. You have to understand all types of things about your niche audience, such as:
Demographic info that includes age, gender, about, location, etc.
- What other websites do they usually visit?
- What social networks do they use most to communicate?
- Who are their influencers?
- What are their marking points?
STEP3. Keyword Research
- Use the Keyword in Your Content
- Page title
- Meta description
- Image name and alt (mainly for organization)
- At least a few times in the body copy (including in subheadlines)
Some of the Keyword research tools like Google Adwords Keyword Planner, Bing Keyword Tool, SEMrush’s keyword research tool, Übersuggest, and much more will make you understand the amount of content is being optimized as there are some queries have been already made for them. Google Trends will contribute to add context around those terms, based on what themes are popular at a particular given time and place.
- Now, you just need to put your topics into Google’s keyword planner tool, and then you have to check out the keyword ideas option. Finally, the game begins of a tool that will show you lots of similar keywords that presently people are searching for.
- Choose from any of the given similar keywords that suit you best and stand on your list. The words with small searching capabilities will work for you as opportunities as these are those keywords that users are searching, but due to unavailability of content available in search engines to answer their questions, so these keywords became less competitive.
- To understand which keyword is growing in popularity (making it worth your time to target), calculate some of the latest keywords of your niche competition, and hit on the same keywords.
STEP4. Create an editorial calendar
When you understand the process targeting audience and research keywords, afterward you need to create an editorial calendar. Editorial calendar refers to a scenario that shows when you have to publish a new content as well as its type. It is required to build a new content consistently, if you have a blog section, so by setting up an editorial calendar, you will stick to a regular schedule.
A few tips for following the practices of an editorial calendar:
- You can use Outlook /Google Calendar
- Distribute the editorial calendar with marketing unit
- Get a notification when a deadline comes by setting up the reminders for authors
- Consider creating ongoing features – Some of the bloggers do link roundups once per week. You just need to set up a category page for each current features available, so that the users can find all of your link roundups at single place.
- Take much time when creating a complex content, like infographics and video.
- Don’t plan for much-advanced level – Editorial calendars usually get deflected after a couple of months, due to regular change in advertising direction, funds, or team, so don’t plan for the advance level and waste a lot of time and efforts.
STEP5. Organize and tag your content
Your content is about what? Such as social network, content marketing, landing pages, or about anything else? Come up with a list of categories that will summarize what you have narrated through content marketing.
How long is your content is and is it influence your viewers and sharing by your audience? Depends on your users whether they prefer longer, content, or do they prefer short?
Is the content Professional or funny? Describe your content well by keeping in mind about the taste of your audience.
Does your business reflects in the topic or your products, or is it of interest to your audience? Make a range, and get to know well where you have to put down the things in that field of range.
Try to make your content flawless and evergreen so it will last as far as it can
Add success metrics
When all the things mentioned above you got covered, you can add success metrics for each field that will tell your status
- Increase/decrease Traffic
- Bounce rate
- No. of page visited
- Shares on social network platforms
You just need to do hard work and be patient and keep updated with a proper practical practice that will increase your ranking in search engines. Our recommendation for you all is to give the unique and relevant content to users, consistency in publishing, demanding content your audience is querying on your websites and not focusing too much on Google’s algorithms or ranking factor to improve your SEO content strategy.