In 2k17, Google applied almost 300 ranking factors to rank your website in the SERPs.
Presently, WordPress is being used by more than 55 million websites, and it is unquestionably the best blogging(CMS) platform amongst others that had ever built. Presently all the professional bloggers and many other online businesses like online magazine, internet marketing firms are using it to maintain and in expanding their business over the web. If we talk about the optimization method that is much essential for each & every website because major search engine like Google can get you lots of traffic if your site is optimized correctly. If you want to increase your site rankings in search engines, you need to get your posts search engine optimized.
Presently, if your website is running on WordPress platform, then there are various astonishing SEO plugins which you can use in your site to get lots of organic(natural) traffic from major search engines. Before starting the optimization process, you should properly understand the basics of SEO, here is an excellent SEO beginner guide from MOZ.
WordPress is recognized as the best SEO friendly content management system as it makes the process of optimizing somehow comfortable for your website. All you need to do is, only use a best blogging WordPress theme for your blog which can optimize correctly and then tops it up with a Best WordPress SEO plugin.
What is a WordPress SEO plugin?
SEO plugins for WordPress platform are those plugins that help you to optimize the content/blogs on your website and make it search engine friendly(recognized). SEO plugins help your videos (multimedia posts), and blog posts ranking high in search engines by giving you instructions that what you need to do to rank higher your blogs.
SEO plugins do not help automatically by themselves, but they will instruct you how to optimize your content to rank higher in SERPs. These world-class SEO plugins will take care of your content, so that it can be visible to the audience in a better and easy way, after all, what will be the benefit of creating content if it will not be visible to users.
Here are Best 6 WordPress SEO Plugins That You Must Try to Boost Your Rankings in SERPs
Yoast SEO is a best free SEO plugin for WordPress. This single plugin takes care of many viewpoints of your WordPress blog’s SEO. By using Yoast SEO, you will get the different features that will help your blogs to rank high in search engines.
- Add meta value for homepage
- Add meta value for single post
- All values for Social sharing (Image, title & description)
- Social SEO
- Create sitemap file
- Edit robots.txt and .htaccess
- Control indexing of your blog
- This plugin integrates features from some of the most popular plugins like Robots Meta and RSS footer.
Google Sitemap plugin automatically generates the XML sitemap for your WordPress website and helps search engines through indexing your blog. Google sitemap by BestWebHost helps web crawlers to extract the structure of your site more efficiently.
This plugin supports default WordPress pages and also custom URLs. It can also be added to your Google Webmaster Tools account.
Add the following URLs to the sitemap:
- Post tag
- Custom post types
- Custom taxonomies
- Post category
- Add a route to sitemap file in robots.txt automatically
Connect your Google Webmaster Tools account to:
- Add website
- Add sitemap
- Delete website
- Cooperative with newest WordPress variant
- Quite an easy setup and setting without any change in coding
- Get site info
- Detailed step-by-step documentation and videos
The more content you will fill on your website, then it will be difficult to take care the proper management of blog on your site.Broken Link Checker plugin will surely help you out in this condition.
By this plugin, you can check your content for broken links as well as missing images. This plugin lets you focus on creating content, while never having to worry that broken links are working against you.
- You can Monitor your links attached to your posts/ comments/pages/ the blogroll and much more fields
- It Detects links that do not work or missing images and redirects
- Notification available through the Dashboard/Email
- Shows broken links differently in posts
- Prevents search engines from following broken links
- Search & filter links by URL, anchor text and much more
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post
- Highly configurable
If we talk about the alternative of No.1 Yoast SEO, then this is the plugin we are talking about. It is much powerful WordPress SEO plugin that can take care of the complete management of your websites like your pages, posts and also the composition of your other type of posts. This SEO plugin will surely help you to improve ranking in search engine.
- It’s natural keyword research tool which allows you to drag & drop the keywords towards the content.
- SEO statistics graph of your content with the help of its useful algorithms which keeps tracking of your posts & page.
- Active content
- Allows you to assigned a word or phrase to the desired link.
- WordPress tags SEO
- Facebook open graphs and Twitter Metadata tags can be added
- Makes your reviews schema.org supporting.
This WordPress plugin is for those folks who sometimes forget to set alternative tags to their blog images. SEO Friendly Images Pro plugin is designed to help you automatically add the title and alternative text to every image on your website. Yes, you read it right. It doesn’t matter if your site has 1000 or 10,000 images. This awesome little buddy will make every picture SEO ready.
- You can sync existing alt to title & vice versa
- You can override existing alt and title attributes with a custom scheme
- Set up a system for your alt and title to flexible define and optimize your content
- This plugin works great with images in posts and post thumbnails
- This plugin also supports content from Advanced Custom Fields
- Enhance the Speed of your website with the fastest lazy load on the web
- Perfect integration in WordPress update mechanism
- Also optimize link title attributes in posts, pages or custom post types.
- Default settings of the plugins are proved by an SEO consultant
Many professional bloggers want their Video Blogs successful, and this Ultimate Video SEO Plugin is an excellent option that makes your videos schema.org compatible and makes your video appear faster in search engine results.
- No particular settings changes needed, one can start uploading videos whenever wants.
- You can add information in videos and thumbnails
- You can also get the SEO details of the websites that host the videos
- Formulates the sitemap for your video blogs and enables the search engines to find out your new posts & pages.
- Supports websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, and other major popular video websites
Recommended: WordPress SEO Tip for Beginners – How to Optimize Your WordPress Blog Posts
It is an excellent business practice to learn more about each WordPress SEO plugin at your end because you don’t want to burden yourself with too many confusing options. Today, there are approx about millions of website out there and running to grab the good position in the SERPs. So, to rank high in search engines, get started by considering these 6 Best WordPress SEO Plugins & Tools to Boost Your Rankings in SERPs detailed above.
Would you want to add other SEO plugins to this list? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.